Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Not The Same Old 9-5

I was working on the computer last night when I looked at the clock. It was 11:15PM. I sort of chuckled to myself and started thinking.

Working hours used to be 9-5. If you worked in a bank, they used to be 8-3. The world is changing and we are taking an active part in changing it. Parents want to be there for their kids, but very often out of necessity as well as choice, both parents work.

It's amazing what pioneering people are doing while juggling work and family. We are creating new working hours. Basically, you do what you can whenever you can, without interfering with the most important time...family time.

The wonderful thing is that this is becoming the accepted norm when we as mom-entrepreneurs are dealing with each other. As I was answering my emails last night, I got replies as late as 11:45PM. I mighty have gotten a few even later, but I finally turned off my computer and went to sleep.

Do you work odd hours to have the freedom to be with your family. I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: